Programs to capture images or sabe on Windows screen are very popular. Here´s IceCream Screen Recorder to save the desk on Windows.
Main featues are:
- It includes the option to select an area of the screen
- You can draw and add arrows, joined by text and screen shots
- You can save to have a video file
- Save videogame scenes in HD
- Save Skype videos
- Change mic volumen connected to the pc
- Change system sounds
- Share all screen shots via mail or Skype
- Send all the screen shots to the program server and then create an URL to share any image.
- Hide the icons of the desk
- Disable the screensaver
- Learn about IceCream Screen Recorder by using the oficial web tutorial
Skype is a soft of instant messaging compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac. Also with Android, iOS and Windows Phone. Skype offers an easy way to keep in touch with friends and relatives, also with job partners. Top 5 best functions of Skype include:
- Hidden emoticons: Skype emoticons are very easy to access, just click on the upper side of the window. However, there are many hidden emoticons that you can use on your chats. You just need to write a word or use a key combination.
- Share screen: This is very useful when you have a problem and you need a friend´s help. You can also share a PowerPoint presentation. Just select the contact and start a videocall. Then click on ¨+¨ on the task bar and select ¨Screen actions¨.
- Change the size ant type of source: You can change them when you have sight troubles and wish a better size. In this case you need to click on Options from tool menu and then click on IM & SMS, then on Appearance IM and finally click on ¨Change letter type¨
- Share Skype contacts: You have the chance to share contacts with other friends. Enter to your contact list and select the contact or group of contacts. Then you move it to the window chat of the friend you want to share the contact.
- Change contact names: This is very useful to avoid confussions with contacts of similar names. Enter to Contacts and right click on the contact you wish to change the name. Click on : ¨Change Name¨. You have also the option to do it from the contact icon on the addresses book.
Many mobile apps allow to create ringtones from the cellphone. This is very useful so you can setup from your device. However, many users don´t have phones that support these kind of apps or they simple don´t like to install on the device. Here´s a list of 5 programs to create ringtones from windows.
- AVCWare Free Ringtone Maker: This app includes all the tools to create ringtones. It converts audio files on ringtones like MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, RA, OGG, AC3 and M4A.
- Free Ringtone Maker Platinum: Complete app to create ringtones on windows. Compatible with Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, etc.
- AV RingtoneMAX: It inludes a complete user´s interface with support for voice tape, editor incorporated and also you can select the ringtone and add special effects.
- ToneShop: It´s a simple app but very useful. You can select the file format and also upload the music file to use. You can also setup the timelast of the ringtone.
- AVGO Free Ringtone Maker: It has a useful interface and you can edit audio files to create ringtones in a few seconds. It supports many audio formats and with simple steps you can create your own ringtone.
Windows Phone platform is growing up every day. Many interesting web browsers are available to give to your smartphone with Windows Phone the best performance. Here´s a top 5 of web browsers:
- Maxthon: It´s a web browser for mobiles available for Android phones. It offers speed links which means popular web sites of easy access. The app comes with a user´s interface which can be customed. A progress bar for loading page, fast access and a function that lets you improve the use of memory. You can also run many flanges of the browser with no need to affect the loading speed.
UC Browser: One of the best web browsers for Windows Phone. It´s very famous for the speed to open pages as soon as you click. Main features include a desk mode, muliple flanges managment and options to setup themes and use them as backgrounds.
Next Browser: It´s a paid version but it is worthless. The browser runs very fast and comes with a new user´s interface. There´s also an option to show lattest visited pages.
- Surfy: It´s a Windows Phone browser launched last year and has placed as an excelent option to browse on the web. It has a very good user´s interface, function to listen to the page you visit, enter to the reading mode, desk mode or use as private browser.
SurfCube 3D Browser Free: This web browser for Windows Phone offers support for flanges browsing, HTML5, chance to share a page via email or social networks like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Support for landscape mode or vertical one is also included. It also lets you block the view, support for desk mode, private browsing and also has a browsing mode that saves bandwith.
Many times you can lose files of your hard drive. You must know that when you delete files from trashbox, it is possible to recover them using special tools designed for this task. The main thing to consider is the time you let pass since you deleted the file. Here are 5 programs to recover Windows files:
- Recuva: Most popular soft of this kind. You can recover different format files like text, images, videos, files, and also files stored and deleted coming from USB memories or card ones from digital cameras
- TestDisk: This is a program to recover Windows deleted files and has a graphic user´s interface. You can also recover parts of your hard drive and can be operated by command line.
Paragon Rescue Kit: This program can recover deleted files on windows and also backup the information when a lost happens. The soft comes with a function that let resolve many problems from the boot process of the system. Users can be safe about information security.
PhotoRec: This programs recovers deleted files of the hard drive including photos, videos, docs and general files. It´s a free soft and you can install it very easy. You can recover a hard drive which is damaged.
- Wise Data Recovery: Similar to previous ones. You can recover windows deleted files in many formats: texts, photos, docs, audio, video, etc. It also brings the chance to recover files from external devices like USB or cards.
Microsoft announced an update of Tablet Surface Pro3. It adds many soft features and the company says that the aim is to improve the use capability. This update has been released and owners of Tablet Surface Pro3 can download it via Microsoft official web site.
These are the most important improves of Tablet Surface Pro3: Reduce on energy consume, Embedded Controller Firmware v.188.8.131.52 inluded. More battery autonomy. This update will let users to obtain a better performance of the device. Keyword appears and hides on proper times. Bluetooth and wifi control are also improved. Continue reading
Password managers are programs designed to make easier the starting process where you need a password to Access. They are tools that save passwords for different sites so users don´t need to write them each time you need to start session at any service. Here are 5 top password managers for Windows:
- Password Dragon: It´s a password manager compatible with Windows and also can be use don pc´s with Linux and Mac. It´s a free soft, easy to use and has Blowfishl encryp. It uses only one master password. Password Dragon can be used from an USB memory so you don´t need to install it on your hard drive.
- LastPast: This is also a popular password manager. You can download it for free and the data is protected by high standards of security. You can create safe passwords and store as many as you want.
- KeePass: Another great password manager for Windows. It also brings the option to store access data. Users can also block all the passwords using a master one, which means that if you want to enter to the complete information, just remember the master password.
- LockCrypt: It stores passwords, phone numbers, PIN, user´s personal information. The level of security is really high and it also brings a password producer. It is also available on Spanish.
- Password Safe: It´s a program to mantain safe all the passwords. Users can manage old passwords and then create new ones safer and stronger. They can store them and recover as well.
Twitter is one of the most important social networks. Users are always looking for new tools to enter to publication platform. Many apps let you manage Twitter accounts from Windows desk with no need to log in session on the official page. Here are 5 apps to manage Twitter from Windows:
- Tweetdeck: It´s a desk client for Twitter which offers simplicity to users. For many people, this is the best app to manage many Twitter accounts. It´s an app designed with a user´s interface based on columns that include a monitor system of spams. All manage tasks are done from Windows desk
- Seesmic: It´s a program to manage Twitter from Windows and offers support for many Twitter accounts. It also brings the chance to manage Facebook accounts. Users can specify services to cut URL and also the sites they want to place photos.
- MetroTwit: Another free app to manage Twitter on Windows. If offers a simple user´s interface. Program is only compatible with Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Twiget: This is made by Opera client, the web browser that can be used as an app totally appart from Windows and brings you the chance to manage your Twitter account as well. You must have Opera installed. Users can receive online updates, publish and read tweets on the feed, etc.
Destroy Twitter: It is also a very interesting app. It offers to the users the chance of reading more than 200 tweets per 30 seconds, however, one of the cons y that it doesn´t bring support for many accounts and neither you can manage social accounts.
Android Tablets and Apple iPad are the leaders of the market. With Windows 8, many devices appeared to compete with Android and Apple. Here´s a top 5 list of best tablets with Windows 8:
- Asus Transformer Book: Manufacturer launched this device as a Tablet PC that can convert into tablet or pc. This device has a 10.1 inches screen and a resolution of 1366×768 pixels. There´s also an Intel processor of 1.3 GHz and 64GB of internal storage. Battery lasts 11 hours and 20 minutes.
- Panasonic Toughpad: This is one of the best tablets with Windows 8 and has a touch screen of 10.4 inches with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 p. Intel Core i5 of 1.9 GHz is included. Internal storage of 128 GB and battery of 6 hours and 6 minutes.
- Asus VivoTab Note 8: This is another tablet with Windows 8 made by Asus. It has a touchscreen of 10.1 inches and a resolution of 800 x 1280p. Processor Intel Atom Z3740 of 1.33 GHz and internal space of 32 GB. Battery lasts 9 hours and 10 minutes.
- Dell Venue Pro 11: This is a Dell tablet that works with Windows 8.1. It´s a device that has a 10.8 inches screen and a resolution of 1920 x 1080p. Internal processor Atom Z3740 and 64 GB of storage. Tablet offers a battery of 9 hours.
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro: Here´s a device with Windows 8 with a 13.3 inches of screen and a resolution of 3200 x 1800p. The tablet has an i5 processor of 1.6 GHz. Internal storage is 128 GB and a battery of 5 hours and 42 minutes.
One of the most popular downloading methods on the web is Peer-to-Peer through Bit Torrent web. All content data is saved on a Torrent file which has a light weight and can be found in a very huge number of pages. To use this kind of files and therefore download videos, images, music, docs, information, etc, you need a program that can manage this format file. Here are the 5 top Bit Torrent clients for Windows:
- Utorrent: This is one of the best Bit Torrent clients available. It offers many features and functions with a simple user´s interface. It has many ¨Seeds¨ to download faster. Users can setup speed, upload time, download time, add, start, pause, or list torrents.
- qBitTorrent: This is another BitTorrent client to download files from the Web. It includes a browse engine added for torrents, support for all BitTorrent extensions, remote support via user´s interface, IP addresses filter and content selector. It works in Windows, Linux and Mac.
- BitTorrent: You can search and download torrents files from the main page. Recent versions include new features like the option of selecting a file to download. It is very fast and has many setup options for downloads.
- BitComet: Very popular program which manages your downloads. It has many features to revive dead torrents and make them active. It also uses DHT web and also a nice previews of the contents while they are downloading.
- Tixati: It offers a simple user´s interface, good speed, support for magnetic links and uses a RC4 security mode. It also has an event manager.
Here are 5 of top features of Outlook.com. Since Microsoft left old Hotmail and introduced Outlook.com as a mail service, millions of people have changed the way they communicate. Here´s the list you should know about your Outlook.com account:
- Create an alias on Outlook.com: One of the best features for those whw have more than two mail addresses. Users can receive their mails in an only account which is an alias, and also have a main account for the rest of the mails.
- Hotkeys keyboard: Many users still don´t know that Outlook.com is compatible with a wide list of hotkeys that help saving time and increase the performance. Most important are:N: Create a new message, Ctrl + Y: Insert an emoji, Ctrl+3: Enter to Contacts, Shift+E: Create a new folder
- Preview Facebook and Twitter contents: Users have the chance to add all the contacts of social nets on Outlook.com account. Comments of social networks can be displayed on the main screen of Outlook.com account so they don´t need to start session appart.
- Deleting emails automatically: It let users to delete messages from Outlook.com inbox
- Mobile access: You can enter to Outlook.com from your cellphone. Microsoft introduced a mobile version of Outlook.com so you can check your messages from your mobile device: smartphone, ipad, etc.
Android apps to manage mails are very useful, but those who have more than one account need to keep updated anytime anywhere. Smartphones are the best choice to keep reported about everything. Here are 5 mail clients for Android:
- Mailbox: This is an excellent first choice. It has a powerful user´s interface that includes gestures, movements, etc to manage your account.
- CloudMagic: One of the most important Android apps to manage mails. It has many options and tolos. User´s interface is very well for Smartphones and Android Tablets. It is compatible with Evernote, Pocket and MailChimp
- SolMail: Although it is not well known as previous ones, it has an incredible mail inbox composed by categories, views of unread messages, etc and also a user´s interface that works with IMAP SMTP and POP3.
- MyMail: One of the best mail clients for Android. It´s an app that comes with a friendly user´s interface with avatars, icons, etc. The app comes with images support, searching functions and compatibility with IMAP and POP3 for Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo Mail, AOL among others.
- Aqua Mail: This is a mail client that supports mail accounts IMAP, POP3, SMTP or EWS .It´s an app that can be operated by gestures and movements. It has a widget on the start screen that lets you enter to the inbox.